- Laos united the Federation of French-Indochina and the country was divided into twelve provinces.
- Previously, in April 1895, French officially recognized the Kingdom of Luangphrabang as the protective zone and Laos was divided into two parts ; the north and the south. The northern part is from Muong Sing to Khammounce and the south is from Khammouae to Cambodia border.
- Vientiane was looked like the home land of the tigers and elephant after the war. Most of the temples were burnt down.
- Only one main road along the bank of the Mekong river linking from Bane That Kao to Pakpasak was founded in Vientiane . Two motor cycles and one horse cart owned by the French rulers.
- The first train was used in Lao-Cambodia bordeer, from Banekhone – donekhong. Distance is 6.5 km.
- The first road accident in Vientiane ; The French motor hit the oxen cart along the bank of the Mekong .
- That Luang stupa restored by French. It was damanged for many times; (1) Destroyed by Burmese in 1577, (2) Ruined by Siamese in 1779, (3) Burnt down by Siamese in 1827 and (4) damanged by the Ho black banners in 1873.
- Acute cholera decease outbreak through Laos from the north to the south. The large numbers of corpses were floated along the Mekong .
- French built facilities for general education.Some primary and secondary schools were founded in the big towns.
- French used labour force to construct the “National road” There was only one main road linking from Pakse to Luangphrabang. Other roads were linking from Xiengkhouang to Vinh and from Thakhet to Vinh.
- Navigation route were cleared by the dragging and the explosives of rocks along Mekong from Vientiane to Savannakhet. The ship run by fire wood energy was firstly used.
- The first flight from Savannakhet ( Laos ) to Kachae ( Cambodia ) was opened by French.
- Mr. Vandy CHANTHALAT, person at Bane Donetai was reculted to be the captian of the train when he was 18 years old.
- Household census were surveyed and issued. There were only 800,000 population and the average inhabitants is 4 persons per 1 km2
- French built facilities for public heath care and veterinary.
- The foundation of indochinese Communist Party under the leadership of President Ho Chi Minh.
- That Luang stupa was restored after the thunder destroy its top for two times.
- French prepared to fight against Japanese and Siamese. They permitted Lao to print the press release named “Lao-Nhai” (the big Lao) and the Lao National Anthem composed by thongdy. Then Lao modern songs were composed.
- Japanese Army intervened and coquered Vientiane then 5 days later conquered Laungphrabang.
- October 12, Lao Itsara goverment headed by Prime Minister Khammao, Souphanouvong, the commander-in-chief. Then, Prince Phetsalat was invited to the leader.
- French returned to govern Laos after Japan lost the World War Two and they suppress then put the Lao Ekkalat goverment down.
- French administration given the rights for domestic administration or so called independence to the Kingdom of Laos ,selection of people assembly,formed the government of Chao Souvannaj as Prime Minister.
- January 20, Kaysone PHOMVIHANE formed Latxavong military unit which its name is then changed to be the Lao People Liberationary Army.
- Lao Resistance goverment was formed under the leadership of Prince Souphanouvong.
- Geneva treaty was signed and French recognized the indepence, unity, democracy and the intergrality of Laos Vietnam and Cambodia . The French colonial administration was collapsed.
- March 22, the foundation of Lao People Revolutionary Party under the leadership of its general secretary Kaysone PHOMVIHANE.
- French upgrades the education system to the upper secondary level; name of the school changed from College de Pavie to Lyce’e de Vientiane.
- Flooding disaster in the century. It damaged a large numbers of lives and properties of Lao people.
- Two hydropwers constucted: Namdong (Luangphrabang) 900 kw. Seabam (Champasak) 5,000 kw.
- November 21 (King’s Cup) Lao National Football Team secored 4 goals over 3 goals against The Thai National Football Team and made Thai Team failure from this tournament.
- And at the same year Lao football team gained the copper medal from Liemthong game (7 nations) in Burma . More over, Lao Football players namely: Vatthana (NA) OUTHENSACKDA, Oudom SENGSOULIVANH, Somneuk, Konekham, Saythong, Phengsavan and so on were hired to play football in Hongkong.
- Namgnum Hydropower (the 1st phase of the project) was firstly operated in Laos .
- February 21, cease fire treaty for the unification of Laos was signed. The Provisory Government of National Coalition and The national Council Policy of Coalition were formed.
- August 23, the take over Vientiane administration power.
- December 02 is the foundation of Lao People Democratic Republic, the abolish of the king monarchy, the end of the revolution for national democracy and the victory day over the new colonial of the American imperialists and its followers.
- National heroes Congress provided some medals and congratulation certificates to the revolutionary soldiers and best flighting groups who fought against the old and new colonial administration for thirty years.
- Population survey. Laos has 3.5 million inhabitants.
- The young writers club was formed under the Lao People Revolutionary Youth Union and has its branch offices in 8 provinces. There are more than 800 members. Wai Noum magazine is the organ of the club.
- The IV general congress of Lao People Revolutionary Party was opened.
- Lao writer association under the Ministry of information and Culture was organized. These were seven executive members and seventy members.
- “Siengkhene Lao Magazine” is the organ of the association.
- Vongkot CHINDA, Lao boxer recieved the silver medal in ASIAN GAMES held in China .
- Lao – Thai Friendship Mekong bridge was opened.
- The first Lao Concreate Factory in Vangvieng began their business operations.
- Referring to the ststistic book of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, it is an half of the century (1941-94), that our country lost more than 7 million of forest land as 70 of the forests covered areas and reduced to 47.
- June 9, the national university involving 10 faculties was formed.
- Lao PDR accepted as the member of Asian group.
- The IV selection for the members of Nationall Assembly. 159 applicants were applied and 99 of them were voted.
- December 13, the ceremony to mark the milestone for the construction of Kaysone Phomvihane museum was organised.
- Luangphrabang approved as the world heritage city by UNESCO.
- Dr.Thongkham ONEMANISONE, is one of the Lao poets and he is the first poets who recieved SEA WRITE prize (the award of Asian Group).
- Houai Ho hydropower (Champasak) capacity of 150 mw and Namleuk (Bolikhamxai), capacity 60 mw. So far the capacities of the power houses are 623 mw.
- Vilasone PHIKHAKHAM, Tae Know Do fighting made historical event in 20th SEA Games in Brunei by recieveing the gold megal.It was the first golden medal to Lao PDR. Hounourable welcoming ceremony was oranized in Vientiane.
- Sept 4-5: In the 3th Asia-pacific Petangue Championship in Singapore , one-three persons Lao team Champasak province came the second of the 12 countries.
- Sept 23: Chanthi DEUANSAVAN, Lao writer has won SEA WRITE AWARD.